Learning to be decisive is so important in life. You have a lot of decisions to make on a daily basis – as a business owner, friend, or parent – no matter the roles you play. You have to be able to identify when to say “yes” and when to say “no”. A lot of the time people answer the knock of opportunity in a conflicted manner that does not serve them well.
Sometimes you can indecisively say no to an opportunity through excuses, inaction, or procrastination. All of these serve to give your power away and may lead to missing the chance to a life affirming opportunity.
- What are your top 3 excuses that keep you from saying yes to opportunities?
- What is one thing that you are currently avoiding making a decision about?
- What is one thing that you have been procrastinating to complete?
Sometimes you can say yes to things that are not aligned with your joy. If you over-extend yourself and say yes to an opportunity when you know that it is the wrong thing for you, all areas of your will suffer as a result. Furthermore, if you say yes to things that are not fulfilling, you will drain your life force very quickly.
- What are your top 3 tasks that are blocking you from saying “yes” to life affirming opportunities?
- What is one example of a time you said “yes” out of a feeling of lack, obligation, or guilt?
- What is one project that is not aligned with your joy that you can say “no” to?
When making decisions in the future, be sure to check in with your body. How does it feel to say “yes” to this opportunity? And how does it feel to say “no”? If you feel expansive, excited, or relieved, you are probably on to something. If you feel contracted, uneasy, or exhausted, you probably want to make a different choice.
You know what the right decisions are – you just have to be brave enough to make them. You can’t take every opportunity. Luckily opportunities are like buses – there is always another one coming around the corner that will take you to your desired destination.
Practice making conscious decisions in your life. Follow your heart to gain clarity about what the right opportunities are for you. If you are uncertain how to follow your heart or you are struggling to make a decision, then check out this guided meditation. This meditation comes from the Sacred Soul Meditation Series and will help you make clear choices about the direction you are going to go in your life.